About The Shootout Event
During our truly unique two-day shootout event, drivers will get to drive our thrilling Formula cars, receive coaching from our driver and business instructors, and learn from our expert panelists about managing your career in motorsports.
It’s not just a shootout for a position on the Team Canada Scholarship squad – it’s the type of professional training event that could help you become one of Canada’s premier recognized and respected professional race car drivers.
Being attractive to top level teams to drive one of their cars isn’t just about being fast on-track. What happens off-track is just as important when you are dealing with the media, fans and the business end of racing.
Event Highlights being considered for the 2022 Shootout Event:
- On-track lapping sessions to show your skills
- Lectures on the “Development of your Race Craft”
- Instruction from current and previous racing champions
- In car video footage available
- Lectures on “Working with Your Engineer”
- Arrive & Drive – we provide our professionally prepared race cars
- Introduction for “Broadcast & Media Training”
- Importance of “Social Media Management”
- Importance of “Fitness Training as a Driver”
- Importance of “Business Marketing and How to get Started”
- “Alumni Experience” Presentation(s)
The track for the shootout will be announced once the six candidates have been selected, but no “Home Track” advantage will be available for any driver. And no pre-shootout testing will be allowed at the track after the announcement is made.